Friday, January 01, 2016

Sayonara 2015!

I spent an afternoon with my yayas mid-week. My hailed soul mothers, my local ladies that continue to love me (and one another) despite all the years, tears, and raw emotions that time carries. We came together rather impromptu, with the heaviest of hearts for a beautiful celebration of Meredith and all the light she’d cast on this earth during her short time here. We internalize for one another, we VALUE and love each other’s children like our own, and I don’t think we have a damn clue what it’s like to live in your world anymore. In light of these things it might be easier to understand that I don’t resolve for personal change in the New Year, my life has been an unpredictable, soul shaking experience for the last decade. I am reminded by daily experiences that we should all be working on a better (at least more TOLERANT, EMPATHETIC, KIND, EDUCATED) version of “me”. 
For the love of all of us broken souls, in 2016, I beg of you to consider this: Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every New Year find you a better man. 

Cheers to 2016!

No comments: