Friday, September 18, 2015

A Decade

I’ve essentially abandoned this blog, it’s rather symbolic of my personal upkeep as well. I am painfully aware of the fact that I am not a writer, storytelling is even lower on my totem pole of talent. I can attest that this space has seen me through some valleys of despair, capturing whatever grace could be summoned, in the moment. In that spirit, I feel I must blog a tad, about the upcoming anniversary of my first decade as “mom”. And hey, who can accurately contemplate all the “adult’ing” moments one can experience in this time?

I’ve been participating in a handful of research projects that are asking for an insane outline of natural history (aka how has development, seizures, etc. looked for the last x-years?), I’ve been getting cozy with her milestone timeline, seizure history, this blog as record, as well as an assortment of failures to better understand the CDKL5 beast; finding myself pleasantly surprised as well as sobered by how far we’ve come on so many levels. We have a lot going on, I hope to visit this place more to document said musings.
3 months old, cooing and loving the vibrating bounce chair!
“May light always surround you; hope kindle and rebound you.
May your hurts turn to healing; your heart embrace feeling.
May wounds become wisdom; every kindness a prism.
May laughter infect you; your passion resurrect you.
May goodness inspire your deepest desires.
Through all that you reach for, may your arms never tire.” 

No comments: