Thursday, November 28, 2013

Hey Mr. Turkey

My fly by the seat of my pants, short list of 2013 gratitude goes like this:

1. Dishwashers. I spent nearly 3-weeks waiting on warranty work/part for ours in October. A puke bug immediately followed by a nasty cold virus was also visiting at the same time. Laundry, dishes and more of each allowed for little sleep or sanity for the mom. Dishwashers are marvelous!

2. Hippotherapy. Ava loves her horse work time more than most everything. I'm also grateful Aliza gets to experience "the barn" and all the friends, animals, weather, smells and dirt I enjoyed growing up.

3. My mom aka the nanny. She cooks, cleans AND watches my little’s. Often. Every now and then simultaneously.

4. Local turkey trot. It's past time to get my active groove back, best remedy for this girl’s blues is movement. Mental strides included.

5. A (normally) strong back. I was recently reminded how uncomfortable life is when I abandon my core. Yoga is my new friend, the local chiropractor too.

6. My mid-30's. I'm finally feeling comfortable in my own skin. Like Eminem, I'm friends with the monster that's under my bed...and you think I'm crazy :)
7. Giving without remembering and receiving without forgetting. It feels so good to give and at times (for rather obvious reasons) I don’t like to be on the receiving end of goodwill. Mindful that Ava deserves my grace.
"Some people are always grumbling because roses have thorns; I am thankful that thorns have roses.” Alphonse Karr

1 comment:

Deana said...

"Mindful that Ava deserves my grace." Love that!