Monday, December 31, 2012

Ciao 2012

I don't know where the time goes. I'm feeling the old adage of 'the days are long but the years are short' as an annual realization I briefly sulk through. I have been crummy about blogging and I'm a bit sad I didn't capture more of 2012's "little things" as a consequence. Blogging or not, this house remains in a constant chaos I am almost accustomed to. I think.

Wow, what a year 2012 has been! 

Aliza's 3rd year brought varying levels of shenanigans and the art of growing into her size twelves. We make regular trips to the local library, run errands, shuttle Ava to various therapies & appointments, keep the house and some play dates, regularly. It's hard to believe my inaugural baby is going to witness her second speech already.

Ava's illusive gene finally being discovered and introducing us to a wise & wonderful international community of support was probably top of the 2012 list for me. She has enjoyed her best social and cognitive growth yet, this semester. Everyday has its ups and downs but she marches on; our little honey badger {insert laughter}.

I read an article sometime this year about letting go, it suggested writing down 50 things you were mad about. I initially thought 50 was a bit extreme, who could have 50 things grinding at their nerves? Perhaps me...it's those itsy bitsy things that get my counter rolling.

Here's to 2013 and lists of madness, a girls trip to New York City, and whatever magic the world tosses my way. Wishing you a bit of magic too!

*Muah*

1 comment:

Deana said...

Happy New Year to you Amanda. I hope it's a year of peace and happiness and lots of good health!