Monday, March 29, 2010

Patty K Briggs

Hello, Friends.  Many of you have asked about services and memorials for Patty Briggs:

Funeral services for Patty K. Briggs, 65, of Winner, SD will be Thursday, April 1, 2010 at 11:00 a.m. at the Hickey-Wevik Funeral Chapel in Chamberlain with burial of the ashes at a later date

The family will be letting me know, as soon as they know, how you can share cards and memorialize Patty.  If you would like to send something to the service, here is the local floral shop information:  The Pickett Fence
I plan to update this post ASAP with memorial information.  They have asked to limit floral items and prefer plants. 

I have also had many questions about the journey Patty has been on leading up to this. As I recall, with in the last 10-15 years Patty had been dealing with some melanoma on her face and it seems cancer has been part of her days since then. Around two or three years ago she had a mastectomy and early last May she became ill and discovered that the cancer had continued to spread to her bones. Since then any other place it could make a home it seemed to find.

Patty didn’t want a big deal made out of her passing. The kids had to talk her into the memorial and said it will be short and sweet. Tricia seems to be handling things well and says Thad and Rique are too. Her dad is planning to leave Tucson today to be with them.

With a heavy heart I type that Tricia and I decided that I would travel to Oklahoma City in a couple of weeks to be with her in lieu of attending the funeral. They have a lot to get in order and are still in the whirl wind of tying loose ends. I am very torn, she is my best friend and I fell an obligation to be there for her.  I appreciate the folks whom offered to help me get away.  I will update this blog with MEMORIAL INFO as soon as I learn.

UPDATED MEMORIAL INFORMATION:
Patty Briggs Family
% Tricia & Brandon Mitchell
15005 Meadow Creek Lane
Oklahoma City, OK 73165

1 comment:

Cheryl said...

Sorry you can't go Taz. I know that you want to be there for her, but you really have been and she knows it. Sooze and LoAnn went yesterday so aren't going to the service. We aren't either but I'm sending a card with TJ and Mary Jo Moore. Later.