Wednesday, February 17, 2010

“Life is like a rollercoaster. It's full of ups and downs that make you scream and it costs a lot to ride.”


A sweet, fragile lady shared a card with me last night that her friend had sent with the above quoted, written by a 5th grader. Yes, I am once again learning that children and the elderly have much more in common with each other than us nutty adults. Sometimes I find myself in envy of the fact that their lives are not fast paced, NASCAR races to the finish all noisy and chaotic.  For the most part, anyways.

Last night was surprisingly pleasant; I spent it working the rehab floor which was a cool drink of water, a job I could probably enjoy if the world ever decided accounting just wasn’t something it needed. I have three nights left and all I can hope for is that time continues to pass, quickly.

Life has been hectic so I promise to post pictures of the girls in the next week or so. Aliza is really getting ornery and Ava is doing fantastic. Joe and I plan to get some adult time out this weekend…what to do??

1 comment:

Krista :) said...

Oh, I know, I know!!!! A NAP!! I could sure use one! Hope you guys had fun.