Monday, May 04, 2009

Two Growing Girls

Happy Monday! I promised an update on the girls, here goes....

We have a new Denver firefighter in the family, she took us to the brand new Stapleton fire station a couple of weeks ago for a school field trip. Lizzy also attended with us and everyone enjoyed. Ava especially liked feeling the big fire truck tires and sitting in the front seat of the engine truck.

Last Thursday as I turned another year older Ava was celebrating for me at a school carnival. It was a service project for about 80 6th graders from Cherry Hills Christian School in Denver. It was a great carnival and I was impressed with the way these kids interacted with our children, identified necessary modifications and had fun. I think Ava liked the train, music station and fun bus best. We were ordered to stand back and watch so I can't be sure ;)

Aliza Mae is great, growing like a weed still. She really wants to sit up and can giggle and coo with the best of us. I can't stress what a blessing she has been for our entire family for so many reasons.

Last but certainly not least we raised epilepsy awareness (and a few dollars) yesterday in Greeley by participating in their 1st annual Steps for Epilepsy. Grandma Cindy came out to support us and help push a stroller. I was impressed and hopeful that the event will GROW in the coming years. This disease is horrible and finds minimal support from our society. Everyday my families life is significantly challenged by epilepsy and the complications that arise from treating it. Please do what you can to raise awareness...we even have a color now, its purple.



We are starting therapy changes after a week in Nebraska. We are travelling this Saturday to the next and will stop in Gordon for graduation. We will then move on to Sturgis, SD for a mid-week visit with my grandma and end with a trip to Martin, SD for graduation. I'm a bit frazzled with the thought of travel with the two girls. Mom is coming but of course Joe can not be gone that long. Wish us luck!

1 comment:

HeatherS said...

So good to see the Jaska girls on Sunday...all of you! Thanks for walking with the Sammer Hammer :)

XO-
H