Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Two Months

Oh how time flies, Aliza turned 9 weeks old yesterday. Since she was in California on Friday when her two month appointment was supposed to be scheduled, she had it yesterday. Yeppers, the first round of immunizations is a fading memory. She did good, it's always my heart it breaks.

Since Ava was not with us this time we escaped distractions and got all the information we left behind last month. If you don't recall she fell off the damn chair and the rest was history. As promised:

Birth (1/20): 7 lbs 9 oz & 19 3/4"
January 23rd: 7 lbs 5 oz & 20 1/4"
February 20th: 10 lbs 9 oz & 22"
March 24th: 13 lbs 2 oz & 24"

She is still a chunk, in the 95th percentile or above for both height and weight. Dr K was pretty impressed with her health, especially her size. I intended to post some video of her smiling and cooing away but my damn camera broke over vacation. In the mean time mother has once again loaned hers to me so pictures will have to do.


We had a fairly smooth trip to California, I'll blog some of the details soon. This is Aliza with her Great-Great Grandmother. Yes, you read that right, there is a first and fifth generation.

All is well with Ava, she misses school and has another week of Spring Break after this one. We absolutely love her new speech therapist and they seem to be making some nice progress during Ava's sessions.

Strides for Epilepsy is quickly approaching so be looking forward to information on team "Sammer Hammer". There will also be a Steps for Epilepsy this year in Greely at St Michael's that I'll be walking. You are welcome to join me closer to home if you can.

I'm looking forward to some snow...I think I've scooped twice this winter. We sure need the moisture.

2 comments:

Angy and John said...

I love the picture of Joe and Ava by the ocean. Awesome! Aliza is growing so fast and too darn cute!! I can't wait to hang out again soon!

Jennifer said...

Hey Taz, love to come here and check on your status - so much that I made my own - www.updatesbyjennifer.blogspot.com - still under construction - take care.