Saturday, March 07, 2009

Half Century

I have a quiet moment for a quick update so here goes...

Ava is doing great, the surgery seems to be a success. We should understand the full effects with in the next month or so. She definitely has gained some depth perception and the red is starting to exit. She also decided her sister isn't so bad but she still wouldn't mind if she left with the next visitor.




It certainly appears that I have officially gained my 2nd red headed child. We thought Aliza might be a blond but it just seems to keep getting darker. Kind of like she keeps getting chunkier!





Big smiles started to surface early in the week. I can't believe how fast she is growing. I am soaking up every minute I can sneak away with her.


We had visits from Great-grandma Bestgen for Grandma Hugen's 50th birthday last weekend. Jerry cooked a prime rib and Joe roasted a mean pork loin for pulled pork sandwiches. We also had a quick visit Saturday morning with moms Aunt Sue and Uncle Larry from Lincoln, NE at her Uncle Jim's in Lakewood. I unfortunately have no pictures to share of that.




We are still crazy busy. Our good friend Brett is arriving early in the week. I hope to post before our trip to California. Love to all!

1 comment:

Princess Abigail said...

Am glad things are improving for Ava .... improved sight will do wonders for her self confidence and awareness.

oh ... and ... I LOVE red hair! I SO wish one of my kids had inherited it but... alas... I am alone! Red hair rocks!