Sunday, January 25, 2009

Souvenirs

Well, I finally made that trip to the spa...I guess it was kind of like a spa. I did get a complimentary massage, was waited on hand and foot and lost nearly 15 lbs in around 48 hours so I can't complain to much. I hadn't spent two nights away from Ava in quite some time and it was just one time. But the best part of my two day hiatus from home was my parting souvenir, little Aliza Mae. I can't get enough of her!

I was admitted to McKee Medical Center around 5:30 pm on Monday evening. My labor was induced but it sure was quick and fairly painless this time. Don't get me wrong, it isn't the most comfortable thing but I can relate to the term "beautiful" being used to describe childbirth this time around. I told my husband and mom that as easy as it was I would consider doing it a 3rd time. Joe is now looking into a good urologist, I guess he's not on board for 3!

We had some wonderful visitors in the hospital and have continued to since arriving home Wednesday evening around 6:30 pm. We have been touched by the graciousness of many good cooks, lots of help from moms and plenty of nice gifts and well wishes.

Aliza is a great baby, very sweet and sleeps nice at night so far. Second babies are so much different than first babies, she is refreshing and I am so much more relaxed. My mother and Joe are both going back to work tomorrow and they have been a huge help since I came home. Joe's mother was also here through Thrusday to help my mom with Ava. His sister Sarah arrived today to help for a week so I am still not on my own and hope to continue to get some good sleep.
Enjoy some pictures of the last few days. I hope to get back into our old routine as much as possible this week and start to find some time while Ava is in preschool to blog a bit about the girls and catch up on correspondence in general.

No comments: