Friday, January 16, 2009

Ava's Tricks

Well, I woke up pregnant again this morning. I will however be induced Monday afternoon if I haven't had her by then. I'll be sure to post details ASAP for everyone.

Ava has had some leaps forward in the last few weeks with all these med changes we are adjusting to. Some new tricks are....

*Walking while holding only 1 big person hand or using a kid shopping cart instead of the big green machine walker.
*Standing independently for around 30 seconds.
*Improved functional vision, I am currently planning on graduating her from Anchor this Spring and sending her to her home preschool for all 4 days next year.
*Making functional use of her hands to do things like play with toys, explore her food, take her eye patch off and help brush her teeth.
*Babbling often, she may start talking in phrases at the rate she is going.
*Getting some REM sleep, possibly for the first time in her life.


video

Most of the milestones she is meeting should have been met during the first year or so of her life. I can't express how gratifying it has been for me and the professionals working with her to see this rapid of a change. Her PT and I have been trying to make some of these things happen on a weekly basis for more than 2 years now. Some of you probably will not recognize this kid!

I will be celebrating in style when we break on through to independent walking, feeding or talking. I'm hoping little sister provides her with a big kick in the ass too...she is after all, my baby.

3 comments:

Angy and John said...

Lanie watched the whole video of Ava. She was very captivated. I am glad she is doing so well. I especially like the part where Joe started to sing!

therextras said...

Excellent! And congratulations on the baby!

All the best,
Barbara

Princess Abigail said...

What a splendid tribe!

A Red Haired Mob!

Wonderful news! Keep up the good work!!!

Alison