Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Thirtysomething...

Today is the last day...the last day of being "just 30" for me. It is definitely harder turning 31 for me than it was 30; but hell I guess you have to suffer through one of the big days, eh? I sure celebrated in style, drunken style that is. Thanks Emily, Kate and Kirsten for taking me to Old C's and thanks Jen for joining us later and talking us all into drinks at Ragin' Ryan's. I remember why I don't drink shots and go to country bars now and I'm quite sure the regulars at the bar will not miss me either! It was a treat and so was I, it's Kirsten's turn next.
I'm not sure if I have mentioned that Ava now has prescription glasses. Actually they are ladies readers (2.5) cut to her size, one of the many benefits of having a mother who works for a team of Opthamologist. She only wears them for short periods of time when we are doing things like reading or coloring. It appears she does not see well in the area smack dab in front of her face so hopefully the glasses help her brain become more aware of her central field of vision. It is temporary also and seems to be working since she actually wears them.

I got notice this week of her IEP. It is scheduled for May 20th although the letter stated May 2nd, just one of the many things that continues to contribute to my madness :) I'll be sure to update you when the time comes. I'm struggling with the idea of an Advocate, I've been told the district usually views this as adversary.

My brain is still recovering from the birthday celebration mentioned earlier, I'm sure I've forgotten something important and will fill you in next time. Hooray for May!

3 comments:

Angy & John said...

31 is real close for me as well! Unfortunately, I probably won't be able to celebrate with drinks. My baby will still be in the oven. Good luck with her IEP stuff. If you have questions, I have a teacher friend who knows a lot.

Emily said...

It was so fun going out and letting loose a bit. I hope you have recovered. Looking forward to many more (nights out, not drinks, that is :)) AND HAPPY BIRTHDAY

Kirsten said...

no mention of the stop on the way home??? okay, we'll leave that alone. :) funfunfun